This category is all about web design
Top Website Design Tip Every New Business Owner Needs To Know
1. Have a Well-Defined GoalWhat exactly do you want to achieve with your website? Do you want to create a website just because others are doing it? The best way to achieve success with your website design is to have a clear goal of what you want to achieve with your website. Make sure that you clearly communicate this goal to your website designer. A good web designer should be able to add features that will help you achieve these goals.
2. Tell Your Customers What You Can Do For ThemAvoid sending your website visitors on a goose chase. Once they land on your website, they should be able to find out immediately what you can do for them. Avoid overloading your website with too much information, keep it simple and make your important message very visible on the first page. The general rule is to avoid focusing too much on what you do, instead, tell them what they will benefit from you as a customer.
3. Make Your Call To Action (CTA) Strong and VisibleDo you have a clear direction for your website visitors? After reading the benefits of your services/products, your website visitor should know exactly what to do next and this can be done by providing a strong and visible CTA. Remember, your CTA should give your website visitors an incentive to take the next step. A good example includes:
- Click This Button To Claim Your Free Report
- Sign Up Now For Your Free Consultation
- Contact Us Today and Claim £100 Coupon
4. Use High-Quality Pictures and VideosThere is a saying that “a picture is worth a thousand words”. This saying is true. It is important you make use of high-quality relevant pictures on your website. Don’t just download a free image from Google, create your own pictures or buy high-quality ones from Stock Image websites. Take, for example, if you are a restaurant owner, it is important you have high-quality pictures of some of your best meals. Videos are also very important in this modern time, create relevant videos for your website. Making videos is one of the easiest ways to turn your website visitor into a customer.
5. Choose a Reliable HostThe worst thing that could happen to a new business owner is to have your website go off when potential customers are visiting your website. A lot of new business owners choose a low-cost website host to save cost. Unfortunately for them, they end up being plagued with server downtime. A potential customer will probably think you are not ready for business if your server is constantly experiencing downtime. Make sure you choose a reliable host even if it means paying more. This way, you always leave the best impression on all your website visitors.
6. Keep Your Contact Details Very VisibleDon’t let your website visitor waste time looking for a way to contact you. You need to provide as many contact channel as possible. The best way to do this is to provide options that include contacting you through your official business email, social media, phone number, or live chat. Today, a live chat feature is very important. The quicker a customer gets a response from you, the more likely he would become your customer.
7. Choose a Good Website DesignerOne of the biggest problems most new business owners face today is deciding on the website designer to use. There are thousands of people claiming to be a good designer, most of them lack the required experience. Make your research and always ask for web designers to send you their portfolio and quote. Reach out to various business owners with a website you admire and ask them for recommendations. Don’t just choose anyone to be your designer, choose someone who clearly knows what he is doing and can offer you constant support even after the project has been completed.
Final WordsDesigning a good website can be challenging but it doesn’t have to be a headache for you. The best way to get exactly what you want is to focus on working with bespoke website designers. There are so many benefits of bespoke web design that you cannot afford to ignore them any longer. This type of website will definitely help you to attract the right type of customers and grow your business fast.
I began writing as a professional on my personal blog and then discovered my true calling, which is writing about technology, News and gadgets in general. I am a technical writer, author and blogger since 2010. An industry watcher that stays on top of the latest features, extremely passionate about juicy tech news and everything related to gadgets. For tech tips, my email address is jamsheed1480[at]gmail[dot]comThe post The Best Website Design Tips for Beginners and Small Business appeared first on SiteProNews.
Net Magik Pros hasn’t used, or even tried out some of these free tools that help build proper websites and/or graphics, but we will try them all out and leave you our honest opinion whether it is good or bad.
By the way I’m using speech to text to type this out 😊
There will be more posts like this in the future, and although there are many paid and FREE programs out there, NMP will only be sharing the FREE programs
Accessibility is creating websites usable for all people, including individuals with visual, motor, auditory, speech, or cognitive disabilities. Here you will find FREE web accessibility tools.
- Accessibility Insights
Helps developers quickly find and fix accessibility issues.
Accessibility testing web app used to evaluate HTML content for accessibility problems.
Accessibility testing tool for web content (bookmarklet). It will automatically detect accessibility issues, give suggestions to improve online accessibility and check 508 compliance.
Accessibility engine designed to work on all modern browsers and with whatever tools, frameworks, libraries and environments you use today. It’s automated accessibility testing tool for developers.Colorbox
A web app that algorithmically builds accessible color systems. Done by Lyft Design team.
An app for checking the accessibility of text against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Hex Naw
Helps you to test entire color systems for contrast and accessibility.
Accessibility testing tool to find issues with your web pages. It runs HTML CodeSniffer from the command line for programmatic accessibility reporting. It’s accessibility developer tool.
- Sim Daltonism
A color blindness simulator for macOS and iOS that lets you visualize colors as they are perceived with various types of color blindness.
An accessibility visualization toolkit. Interesting fact: inside the tool name you can see “a11y”. It’s an abbreviation of accessibility as “a” followed by 11 more letters, followed by “y”.
Allows you to evaluate web content for accessibility issues directly within Chrome and Firefox. It’s a web accessibility checker.
- Have a Plan (This is the most important step… have a plan and be willing to adjust it if needed)
- Don’t use stock images
- Don’t use terms most wont understand… if you have to explain the definition of a word, figure out a different word
- Be sure to use buttons that let your visitors share your page or web site
- RESEARCH and KNOW your audience
- Create easy to follow navigation
- Stay mobile friendly (This is SUPER IMPORTANT!!!)
- Don’t stop testing
- Create content for your persona
This part of the NMP Blog is about Web Design
We’re just getting started with this, so this may have some “hiccups” but don’t worry, we will be working hard to fix them as they come up.